Artist in Residence Program
Artist in Residence Program at Livingston Arts
It is our mission to support arts & culture in Livingston County and that is exactly what we hope to do by implementing this program. We can offer an inspirational space and collection of art, as well as an opportunity to network with area artists and patrons (see full list of program benefits below). Please read about our first Artist in Residence here. As we are developing our program, applications will be accepted and scheduled on a rolling basis. The duration of residencies are variable and run year round, with access to the building during open hours.
Artists and writers who are awarded a residency are provided with:
• A clean, quiet, private room for working with essential furniture
• Access to study the New Deal painting collection housed at Livingston Arts
• Clay studio: sink, extruder, kick and electric wheels, use of electric kiln
Painting studio with a variety of equipment
• Use of the onsite kitchen
• One year complimentary Artist Membership to Livingston Arts
• Consideration for solo show at the Apartment One Gallery or public performance (onsite)
There is no cost to attend the Livingston Arts Residency. The only charge associated with the residency program is a $25 application fee (members can apply for free). Artists in residence will be required to keep their work areas clean & safe and to give an artist talk by the completion of the residency. Your application will be judged on artistic merit and how well your project fits the Livingston Arts mission. Projects that include working with the New Deal painting collection in some capacity will be favored.
Please contact Betsy Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 243-6785 with any questions. Applications are now being accepted.